The payment of GPTA membership fees entitles the member to annual membership with the GPTA. Full and associate GPTA membership carries the following terms and conditions:
- It is a condition that GPTA members follow the GPTA Code of Ethics. Failure to do so may lead to cancellation of membership.
- It is a condition that GPTA members supply their Registered Business Number.
- It is a condition that GPTA members abide by all child protection laws including a Working with Children Check or National Background Police Check, and undertake and pass specified child safety training provided by the GPTA affiliated training partner, Accredited Tutor.
- It is a condition that members use the logo on their website, business cards and other communications.
- All GPTA Members must ensure that a copy of the GPTA Code of Ethics available for clients to peruse as requested.
- GPTA members and associate members are entitled to be listed on the GPTA website as a member or associate while their membership is current.
- All GPTA members and associate members are entitled to advertise that they are a member or associate member of the GPTA. If the member is a person then there is a further entitlement to use the letters MGPTA after their name in advertising and promotion. Associate members may only use the letters AGPTA after their name.
- All members, full or associate are entitled to avail themselves of the benefits that arise from GPTA business partnerships and alliances created for the benefit of GPTA members and associate members.
- GPTA members and associates are entitled to receive subscription to the GPTA Newsletter.
- If GPTA memberships, full or associate, are not paid in full by the due date then membership will lapse and members will immediately forfeit their rights to:
a) Listing on the website
b) Use of the logo
c) Access to benefits created by GPTA alliances
d) Any other benefits arising from GPTA membership or associate membership.
- In agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you assert that:
a) Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been de-registered as a teacher in any Nation, State or Territory for child-related matters.
b) Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been convicted of a child-related criminal offence in any Nation, State or Territory.
c) Neither you nor anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been de-registered as a teacher in any other nation for child-related matters.
d) Neither you nor or anyone who will tutor in the business has ever been convicted of a child-related criminal offence in any other nation.
e) You indemnify the GPTA against any loss arising from a non-adherence to the GPTA Code of Ethics and these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions may be changed from time to time, without notice.