Join the GPTA as a registered business, individual teacher, individual tutor or an association. Benefits include promotion and recognition, a quarterly newsletter, extensive financial discounts and a professional network.
Learn more about membership
Membership with the Global Professional Tutors Association carries the responsibility of strictly adhering to the GPTA Code of Ethics. Members also receive multiple benefits, including:
- Promotion: Being listed on the GPTA website to allow clients within your nation to search for you. Members are also able to use the GPTA logo on their website and collateral to promote their status as ethical tutors.
- Lobbying national governments to opt for a self-regulation model as the preferred market-based mechanism for encouraging ethical practice in tutoring.
- A quarterly e-newsletter (In-Tuition Global).
- Professional development: With our accreditation partners, the GPTA offers courses to help members improve operations and the quality of their practice.
- Media and PR: Various media opportunities for members when the GPTA is approached for comment.
- Dispute Resolution: Investigation into the unscrupulous practices of non-members and complaints made by the GPTA to relevant regulatory bodies where appropriate.
- Professional Network: Joining a network of like-minded professionals who aspire to accountable and responsible practices in education. Webinars, and other professional networking opportunities will be available from time to time.
- Information sharing about trends in education and tutoring across the world.
- The opportunity to be involved in research to better understand the development, growth, benefits and value to mainstream education.
- Joining a network of like-minded professionals who aspire to accountable and responsible practices in education.